We’re in search of an exceptional team of volunteers to play a pivotal role in ensuring that this immensely popular event is a delightful and information-rich experience for all attendees. Your contribution is vital, as you will be the welcoming face and the initial point of contact for conference delegates.
Join our team of volunteers, and in appreciation of your efforts, enjoy a complimentary student registration. This is your chance to stand out in the mining community and enhance your CV while actively contributing to the success of the event!
Key dates are:
· Volunteer application deadline: March 1, 2024
· Volunteer notification: April 1, 2024
Why should you volunteer?
· Opportunities to meet, listen, learn and engage with world-class professionals
· Get an insider’s view on running an event
· Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
· Meet like-minded people as well as the leading experts in various fields
In return for volunteer services, CIM gladly offers the following benefits:
· Complimentary Conference registration in exchange for 12 hours or more of your time
· Technical sessions (exclusive of your work schedule)
· Access to Conference presentations online
You are required to:
· Commit to a minimum of 12 hours of volunteering, including 1 hour of training.
· Exude a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
· Act as an ambassador for CIM. Good customer service skills.
· Agree to wear black shoes and pants/skirt – and a volunteer T-shirts
· Greeter/Hostess at the conference venue
Welcome attendees to the conference. Offer directional assistance and assist in managing the flow at the registration counter. Answer questions.
· Exhibit hall
Manage the coming and going of exhibitors when they are setting up. Verify exhibitor / delegates / visitors badges during Expo hours. Answer questions about the Expo.
· Scanning and collecting tickets
Control access to certain events by scanning badges or collecting tickets. Take head count.
· Roaming microphone attendant
During the morning plenary and keynotes, assist with the mics during the question periods.
From Saturday May 11 to Wednesday May 15, between 7:30am to 8:00pm.
Times are subject to change and may vary based on your role. The volunteers will be chosen based on their availability, followed by a first come/first serve basis.
Contact: Marie Tota, firstname.lastname@example.org