We’re looking for an amazing team of volunteers to help make this hugely popular event a fun and information-packed experience for everyone. Your role is critical. Yours will be the welcoming face and first contact Convention delegates will meet first.
Join our team and receive a FREE student registration. Get noticed by the mining community and boost your CV!
Key dates are:
– Volunteer application deadline: March 10, 2023
– Volunteer notification: March 31, 2023
Why should you volunteer?
– Opportunities to meet, listen, learn and engage with world-class professionals
– Get an insider’s view on running an event
– Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
– Meet like-minded people as well as the leading experts in various fields
In return for volunteer services, CIM gladly offers the following benefits:
– Complimentary Conference registration in exchange for 12 hours or more of your time
– Technical sessions (exclusive of your work schedule)
– Access to Conference presentations online
You are required to:
– Commit to a minimum of 12 hours of volunteering, including 1 hour of training.
– Exude a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
– Act as an ambassador for CIM. Good customer service skills.
– Agree to wear black shoes and pants/skirt – and a volunteer T-shirts
– Greeter/Hostess at Convention venue: Welcome attendees to the Convention. Offer directional assistance and assist in managing the flow at the registration counter. Answer questions.
– Exhibit hall and poster session representative: Manage the coming and going of exhibitors when they are setting up. Assist poster presenters with their set-up. Verify exhibitor / delegates / visitors badges during expo hours. Answer questions about the EXPO.
– Scanning and collecting tickets: Control access to certain events by scanning badges or collecting tickets. Take head count.
– Roaming microphone attendant: During the morning plenary and keynotes, assist with the mics during the question periods.
From Saturday April 29th to Wednesday May 3rd, between 7:30am to 8:00pm.
Times are subject to change and may vary based on your role. The volunteers will be chosen based on their availability, followed by a first come/first serve basis.
Marie Tota, email@example.com